Life, writing, etc.


So today is the first day of my vacation and it has been a busy and tiring day. The last 24 hours have been interesting to say the least. I got off early from work to gets some last minute laundry done. I got that started and my friend Pike showed up. He was taking Amanda to the airport at 4 in the morning and ended up coming over early. We chilled out and played some rock band. Amanda came home early and she finished getting ready for her trip. Fast forward to a couple hours later. I’m on my way to pick up my mom and drop her off at the airport. It was 4:45 in the morning. As I was driving down the interstate my car suddenly jerked then started slowing down. I dropped gears and then it started going again. Before I get to my moms house I notice that the dashboard lights were dimming. I reach my mothers house only to have my car die. I jump it with my moms car we get in and go. Not even a mile down the road I nearly loose all power. I quickly turn around and make my way back to my mothers house. We barely make it. We jump into her car and get her to the airport. By this its 5:30 in the morning. At this point I leave for Denver in 6 hours. By the time I get home its 6am. I try my best to fall asleep. An hour later I get woken up by my ex wife who shows up at my place so she can watch the kids while I’m gone. I tell her to let me sleep until 9. 5 minutes passes by, well it seemed like 5 minutes, and she’s waking me up again. At this point I’ve had less than 3 hours sleep and I have a full day of traveling ahead of my. I go back to my car, swap the battery and make my way home. I stop off at the store first to pick up some last minute items and get home. My friend Emily offered to drive down from Denver to pick me up and take me to the airport. She shows up just as I’m done with my shower. I hurry up, finish packing and make sure I didn’t forget anything. We pack up my things in the car and head to Denver. By this time is 12:30pm. I have to be at the Terminal by 3pm. We stop off for lunch and make another stop at Target and then finally get to Emily’s house. We have a quick cup of tea then realize that by this time it’s 2:30pm. It’s off to the airport where I arrive at 3pm. Check-in and security were fast and painless. I only had to wait 30 minutes before they started boarding the plane. The flight was fast and smooth. Once on the ground I got to see my good friend Kelly who was waiting to pick me up. I haven’t seen her in about 3 years. We’ve been friends since high school and we are old party buddies. We made our way to the carousel to pick up my bag which was pretty much waiting for me. I’m fucking amazed at how fast and efficient this airport is. Once we got to her house I could finally take a few moments and relax. We had a nice dinner and then we went to Fremont Street. That was certainly an experience. Well, now its off to finally get some good sleep. I’ve only gotten 6 hours sleep in the last 48 hours so I’m pretty fucking tired. I think I’ll have some wine first. Tomorrow looks to be a relaxing day. Some breakfast, a massage at noon, possibly a new tattoo and a movie. Saturday is when we hit the strip and at some point we’re gonna go see a show call Zumanity. I’d also like to be able to go see The Amazing Jonathan but I’m gonna play it by ear. I am sleep deprived and exhausted but even with the minor setbacks that happened I arrived unscathed. So far its been a rough start but it looks to be worth it.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s